Wedding Terms and Conditions
1. Should you decide on “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” as a venue for your special day, a booking can be made depending on availability. The requested date will be held as a provisional booking for 14 working days; thereafter will be cancelled without further notice. Any extra costs related to foreign payments will be charged to the bridal couple and not to Rain Farm, should you need to cancel the wedding due to an emergency Rain Farm will keep your deposit for one year in order to reschedule your date, thereafter your deposit will be forfeited. Rates are also subject to change over the year and charges will be billed accordingly.
2. A 50% deposit is required to secure the venue and must be paid in full 14 days after. Should no payment be received by the 14th day, the booking will be cancelled without further notice.
3. A refundable breakage deposit of R1000 is charged to your final invoice and will be returned to you no later than 7 days after function, according to breakages or any additional guests arriving at wedding or any additional costs that were incurred on the wedding day.
4. Rain Farm Game and Lodge reserves the right to adjust the breakage deposit accordingly
5. Payment of deposit to secure the venue and date will automatically confirm that all terms and conditions set out by “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” are noted and accepted by you and the cancellation policy will be enforced.
6. Please note that we work on a first come, first serve basis.
7. Rain Farm Game & Lodge will not be held responsible for any information regarding wedding arrangements not recorded on email correspondence.
8. Balance of account as well as confirmation of number of guests is due one month prior to the event. Please note that no refunds will be made if the numbers of guests decrease after this time.
9. A maximum of 130 guests will be allowed at the venue per function. Management reserves the right to close the gates and restrict further entry should this amount be exceeded. Right of admission is reserved at all times
10. A 50% refund of your deposit will only be granted once we have received your cancellation in writing no later than six months prior to booked function date. Cancellation thereafter will forfeit a refund of deposit.
11. Hiring of the venue is until 24h00, at such time the function must come to an end. Every hour thereafter will be charged at R1500.00 per hour.
12. All functions booked on a public holiday, a Sunday or over a long weekend will be charged a surcharge of R 2500.00 (Excluding VAT).
13. All prices directly related to weddings are exclusive of VAT.
14. All prices are subject to change during the year.
15. Rain Farm Game and Lodge shall not be responsible for the delivery or removal of any décor or props sourced from a third party. It shall be the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that décor and props are removed by no later than 07h00 on the day after the function. The hirer acknowledges that Rain Farm Game and Lodge do not have adequate storage facilities and in the event that any items are not removed by 07h00 as aforementioned, Rain Farm Game and Lodge shall remove such items from the venue. Rain Farm Game and Lodge shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any items not collected.
16. Secure parking is available for guests.
17. The main hall can seat up to a maximum of 150 guests with a dance floor and buffet table.
18. The Boma can seat up to a maximum of 130 guests with a dance floor and buffet table.
19. Please note that the use of the Boma is weather permitting and Rain Farm Game and Lodge will not be held responsible should it rain.
20. Should the weather not permit the photography drive, the money paid will be held in credit for a photography shoot at a later date.
21. No outside catering is permitted at “Rain Farm Game and Lodge.”
22. Any extra food left over from a buffet is the property of “Rain Farm Game Lodge”
23. You expressly agree that Rain Farm Game and Lodge will be permitted to use any photographs taken at the function for advertising purposes and that such footage may be posted on Rain Farm Game and Lodge’s website.
24. No unnatural products may be used to shower the bride.
25. Please note that you will be held liable for any losses, damages or injuries incurred by yourselves or any of your guests, whilst on your premises and these costs will be taken from the securing deposit.
26. It is the obligation of the guest to look after their personal belongings during the function and to remove all valuable and personal property from the venue directly after the function. Whilst every precaution will be taken to ensure the safeguarding of guests’ property, Rain Farm Game and Lodge and /or its staff will not be held liable for any loss or damage where the reason for such loss or damage could not have been foreseen and was not due to the gross negligence or recklessness of Rain Farm Game and Lodge and /or its staff.
27. “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” reserves the right to hold more than one function per day. Should you desire that only your function be held on the day or should you wish to close “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” for your exclusive use, then an agreeable fee will be levied.
28. Whilst it is tradition to be fashionably late for your wedding, please be advised that we allow a maximum of half an hour for this tradition. Thereafter, “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” reserves the right to postpone the ceremony or make changes to accommodate any other function or guests that have arrived timeously. Furthermore, no liability will be held by “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” owners, management or staff should food be spoiled due to tardiness.
29. All accommodation (sleeps 58 guests including the bridal couple) must be paid for before arrival. Please note that we work on a first come first serve basis, should you wish to reserve accommodation for your wedding in 2017/2018, please enquire with reception and ensure that accommodation is paid for to confirm the booking. Rain Farm will not be held responsible for any disappointment due to late bookings.
30. Should you wish to make use of the Zebra honeymoon or any other unit to get ready in on the day, please ensure that you reserve the unit far in advance with reservations. Early check-ins are subject to availability and can only be arranged closer to the time provided that we do not have any guests booked into the unit the previous night.
31. “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” only supplies one towel per person, if more towels are required, arrangements can be made at an additional charge per towel. Towel changes are done every second day and linen changes are done every third day.
32. Please note that water systems tend to be temperamental and “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” will not be held responsible, but will do our best to rectify any unforeseen circumstances.
33. Rain Farm charges a corkage fee of R40.00 should you wish to bring in your own wine or champagne. No other alcohol will be allowed to be brought on premises, any unopened bottles will be returned to you and no corkage will be charged for them.
34. Licensed bar available, cash or tab. If tab, we require a deposit 14 days prior to function. Once deposit value has been reached we will revert to cash bar if no further deposit has been put forward.
35. Choice of food to be served must be confirmed 30 days prior to function please note that should you opt for the plated menu, it is COMPULSORY to have at least 1 waiter per table.
36. Please note that we do not cater for over 30 guests with a plated menu and only buffet option in the Boma.
37. Rain Farm does not permit the usage of sparklers, any burns or damages to linen etc, made by them will be charged to the client.
38. The Boma and Main Hall are STRICTLY non-smoking areas. Should damage result from cigarettes the client will be charged accordingly.
39. All guests and companies entering “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” on your behalf must abide by the rules and regulations of the reserve.
40. The client shall not be entitled to assign the booking to any third party to utilize the company’s facilities without “Rain Farm Game and Lodges prior written approval”.
41. Due to reasons beyond your control, “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” reserves the right to cancel any function.
42. Any items left behind after the function is not the responsibility of “Rain Farm Game and Lodge,” please allocate a person from the bridal party to be responsible for the collection of items. Any items left, must be collected within a week after the date of function, thereafter, items will become the property of “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” or be disposed of, Rain Farm cannot be held responsible for any items lost after a function. Please note collection of items, Monday – Sunday is between 7am and 4pm by arrangement only.
43. “Rain Farm Game and Lodge” reserves the right of admission at all times.
44. Agreement to changes of the above conditions will only be valid if in writing by both parties. Interest will be charged on all outstanding amounts at the maximum rate permitted in accordance with the Prescribed Rate of Interest Act as amended from time to time.